This recipe from Ayurvedic Practitioner, Xiomy Dynega
- 1/2 T coconut oil (Since I don't use oil, saute onion and fennel seeds in scant amount of veggie broth or water.
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (6-7 large carrots, organic)
- 2 cups chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 T minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp tumeric
- salt and black pepper
- cilantro, chives, pumpkin seeds, coconut milk for garnish
In medium sauce pan, heat veggie broth, and add onion and fennel seeds and saute for 4-5 minutes, until the onion looks translucent.
Add the carrots, ginger, salt, pepper and broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the carrots are fork tender.
Transfer soup into a blender, add the turmeric and blast on high for 30-60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
Serve, topped with your favorite garnish.