For the Batter:
- 3/4 cup plain soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 T cornstarch
For the Panko Crust:
- 2 cups panko
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Poppers:
- 2 T veggie oil
- 16-20 jalapeno poppers
- 1 cup nacho sweet potato cheese (see sweet potato cheese under appetizers)
For the batter, whisk ingredients in small bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
For the Panko crust, stir together all ingredients in small bowl.
Making the Poppers:
- Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut stems from jalapenos and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Fill each half with a spoonful of nacho sweet potato cheese.
- Brush the top and bottom sides of poppers with the batter, then carefully dip each side in panko coating. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Lightly brush or spray the tops with remaining oil, or spray using an oil mister.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
Note: Might be helpful wear gloves when handling jalapeno seeds. Don't want to touch the seeds then rub your eyes. You'll be crying over your poppers!