This recipe comes from the popular Forks over Knives app. Enjoy!
- 2 (18 oz) packages pre-cooked tube-style polenta
- 1 small tomato, diced (make about 1 cup)
- 1 small wedge of onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice, (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the polenta into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
In a small bowl, mix the tomato, onion, and basil. Set aside.
For the Pesto: Combine the chickpeas, basil, garlic, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor and pulse into a smooth, spreadable mixture.
To serve: Spread the pesto on each slice of polenta and top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy!