Dr. Michael Greger demonstrated his Veggie Smoothie on one of his videos. Since it isn't in his new cookbook, "How Not to Die Cookbook", I'm adding for your enjoyment. But try and watch him; he's the best and very amusing!
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 1 scallion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/5 of a small beet
- 1/5 of a raw jalapeno pepper
- 1" piece of raw tumeric
- 1/2 tsp fresh horseradish
- 1 cup each greens: arugula and curly parsley
- juice from 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 cup no salt veggie juice blend
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 8 twists of black pepper
Mix all in high speed blender and you have a nice start to your day!! Filled with immune boosting veggies!
Note: Dr. Greger suggested that when preparing this smoothie, prepare ingredients for 3 others by putting ingredients in baggie, and you'll have them ready for next day!! Easy peazy!