Beets are super heart protectors. A wonderful source of phytonutrients, beets are loaded with anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying properties. This smoothie is so refreshing and tasty!!!! Enjoy!
- 1 green apple, cored and quartered
- 1 small red beet, skin removed, and cut in quarters
- 1 1/2 cups soy or coconut vanilla yogurt. ****
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (I use blueberries)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- a few mint leaves
***Note: If you're unable to get the soy or coconut vanilla yogurt, you can get plain non-dairy yogurt and add 1 tsp vanilla flavoring. I also add1 deglet date to the yogurt for a bit of sweet! My favorite non-dairy yogurt is Forager as it is probiotic fortified.
Put all ingredients in high speed blender with a few ice cubes and feast on this delicious smoothie!