There are many variations on the net for preparing your own home made tempeh bacon. This is my favorite.
- 8 oz tempeh bacon, cut in thin slices
- 1 T tamari (low sodium soy sauce)
- 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 T sherry wine (optional)
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of ground black pepper
Put sliced tempeh in bowl.
Mix ingredients from tamari through pepper. Stir well till all dissolved.
Pour marinade over tempeh and marinate for as little as 5 minutes or overnight.
You can either brown the slices in a wee bit of oil in fry pan or place slices in air fryer and cook according to directions. (They come out great in an air fryer - well done, crisp, yummy!)
This makes a great BLT sandwich! I also crumble some of the pieces and add to my tofu scramble when preparing that for breakfast.