Found this recipe online at: www.shelikesfood.com
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T unsweetened almond milk
- 1 flax egg(mix 1 T ground flax with 2 1/2 T water and let sit for 10 minutes.)
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed out. Measure after drained from liquid.
Heat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment.
Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl and then add wet ingredients. Mix till well combined.
Use 1/4 cup scoop or measuring cup to place dough on baking sheet. Gently press down top of cookie to flatten.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a simmer.
- Place 12 oz. of pitted Medjool dates into a 4 cup glass measuring cup. Cover the dates with the water and let sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Reserve 1.5 cups of the soaking water and then drain the dates. You will use about 1 cup of this soaking water … maybe more depending on how thick or thin you’d like your date paste to be.
- Add the dates and 1 cup of the soaking water into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender to make sure it is blended well.
- Pour the date paste into a clean storage container and cover. (Mason jars make great storage containers!)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.