Check out this website for more breakfast cookies: www.shelikesfood.com
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1 T ground flax with 2 1/2 T water and let sit for 15 minutes to thicken.)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup small diced fresh pineapple; if using canned drain the liquid well.
Heat oven to 350.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix all dry ingredient and then add wet ingredients. Mix well till combined.
Scoop - your choice of cookie size - flatten cookie with fingers, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a simmer.
- Place 12 oz. of pitted Medjool dates into a 4 cup glass measuring cup. Cover the dates with the water and let sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Reserve 1.5 cups of the soaking water and then drain the dates. You will use about 1 cup of this soaking water … maybe more depending on how thick or thin you’d like your date paste to be.
- Add the dates and 1 cup of the soaking water into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender to make sure it is blended well.
- Pour the date paste into a clean storage container and cover. (Mason jars make great storage containers!)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.