A lovely Autumn dessert. This recipe was featured by Jill McKeever, plant based cook and humorist! Jill's YouTube videos are delightful. She makes plant based cooking a breeze. She adapted this recipe from Dr. John McDougall's new cookbook, "The Healthiest Diet on the Planet". Wait till you see how easy this is!!
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds (your choice)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 T liquid syrup (I use maple syrup)
Mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups peeled and cubed Bosc pears (You can use apples, as well.)
- 2 cups frozen cranberries (that have been thawed overnight)
- 2 1/2 T cornstarch
Mix filling ingredients well. Place in pie dish and sprinkle topping over filling.
Bake in 350 oven for 35 - 50 minutes, depending on oven. Make sure topping doesn't burn.
This can be served with vegan vanilla ice cream or, better yet, make some banana ice cream using frozen bananas and a little vanilla. So good. Enjoy on a cool, crisp, Autumn night.