This dessert is a tasty after dinner treat. Best served hot, but tastes just as good chilled.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups water of vegetable broth
- 1 cup Basmati or Arborio Rice
- 2 cans coconut milk (not light)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine rice and water or veggie broth in saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure rice is not sticking or burning!
Add 2 cups or 1 can of coconut milk, sugar, cranberries, pistachios, and seasonings. Bring back to a boil. Stir often, turn heat to very low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure rice is tender. If needed, add additional coconut milk.