This is a PCRM recipe that is featured in Dr. Neal Barnard's "The Vegan Starter Kit" cookbook. Recipe was provided by Christine Waltermeyer.
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup all-fruit raspberry jam
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 T whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips for topping
Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine beans, dates, jam, and vanilla in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt and blend again.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top with moist hands. If desired, sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips or spread with the raspberry jam.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Use the parchment paper to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into 16 squares. Refrigerate for up to 1 week, stored in a covered container.