Just love anything with lemon - light and refreshing!
- 2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour (Or use 1/2 organic whole wheat pastry and 1/2 oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- minced zest from 2 lemons
- 2 T egg replacer powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 T lemon extract
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly oil bundt pan.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and soda. Stir in the salt and lemon zest and mix till well combined.
In a blender or food processor, combine the egg replacement powder and water and blend well for about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, applesauce, soy milk, lemon and vanilla extracts and blend again.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and pulls away from the edges of the pan. Let cool completely.