A healthy salad chock full of beta-carotene and lutein. Mango gives us the beneficial antioxidant, beta-carotene, and lutein, which plays an important role in eye health, is a gift from spinach.
- 1 bag (10 oz) or 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 T freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Wash the spinach and dry in a salad spinner. Transfer to a large bowl.
Combine the mango, cucumber, green onions, and basil in a medium size bowl. Add the vinegar and lime juice and toss until evenly coated. Arrange the mango mixture on the spinach and sprinkle with the black pepper.
This salad should be served immediately. If you must prepare the salad in advance, onit the basil and store the spinach and mango mixture separately in covered containers in the frig for up to 2 days. Add the basil to the mango mixture 15 to 20 minutes before serving, and assemble and dress the salad just before serving.