This from the fabulous Forks over Knives app online. So many delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare recipes. You can serve this atop a nice green salad or create your favorite wrap sandwich!
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped (about 2 T)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- sea salt and ground white pepper to taste
Place the garbanzo beans and avocado in a mixing bowl, and coarsely mash them with a back of a spoon or a potato masher. I pulsed the combination just a few times in my food processor, and that works just as well.
Add the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well and adjust the seasoning. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.