This comes from a wonderful Ayurvedic Practitioner, Xiomy Dynega, who presented a fun cooking class at the Organic Market in Dennisport on Cape Cod.
Recipe serves 8-10
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup white/green scallions, chopped finely
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped or cherry tomatoes cut in half (about 2 cups of the cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber unpeeled, seeded and medium diced
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups minced parsley (1 large bunch)
- 1/2 cup mint (1 small bunch)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Since I don't use oil, I'd use 2 T tahini)
- 2 T lime juice, plus extra to taste (If using tahini, add more lime juice)
- 2 1/2 tsps pink salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Rinse quinoa under cool water, then combine with 2 cups of water and bring to a rapid boil, then simmer and cook on low heat until fluffy, about 15 minutes.
Empty quinoa in large bowl when done and allow to cool to room temp before adding other ingredients.
Mix the tomatoes, cucumber, onions, parsley and mint into the warm quinoa.
Whisk the olive oil or tahini with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
NOTE: You can use lemon juice instead of lime. Your preference!