This from artist/author, Kathryn Kleekamp of Sandwich on Cape Cod. Kathryn's transition to a plant based lifestyle was featured in a Cape Cod Times article where Kathryn shared two of her favorite recipes. Her Vegetable Barley Stew is also posted on my site. I made a few changes to omit the oil and sugar substitute that was initially recommended.
- 16 Brussels sprouts
- 1 small bunch broccoli
- 4 ounces baby Kale
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound grapes
- 4 ounces melon of your choice
- sunflower seeds for garnish
- 3 tsps extra virgin olive oil (I would choose a non-fat dressing or drizzle with lemon juice mixed with a little orange juice, orange zest and Dijon mustard.)
- 3 tsps lemon juice
- 2 tsps agave nectar or maple syrup
Slice Brussels sprouts and broccoli stems in food processor. Put them in large bowl, add the kale, red onion, and fruit. Mix well. In a separate bowl mix the dressing ingredients and toss veggies and fruit. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.