This is a healthy, tasty recipe from the Forks over Knives App.
- 1/2 head kale, stems removed, finely chop leaves
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 Cup low sodium veggie broth
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sweet or mild paprika
- 1 cup whole wheat Israeli couscous
- 1/2 medium tomato, cored and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 medium cucumber, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly slices
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 T fresh basil, chopped
- 2 T raisins
- 2 T toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In medium bowl, place the kale and lime juice. Mix well so leaves are well coated. Set aside.
In large saucepan, place the veggie broth, onion, garlic, curry powder, cumin and paprika. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and add the couscous. Cook over medium heat, uncovered about 5 - 10 minutes till couscous is al dente. Add a couple T water if needed to keep couscous from sticking. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
Add the kale to the bowl with the couscous along with the other ingredients. Mix well and adjust the seasoning. Chill in the frig till ready to serve.