This recipe from the Forks over Knives magazine, Summer 2018 Edition. Makes 8 cups
- 6 mandarin oranges or clementines (or use canned mandarin oranges)
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 T tahini
- 2 tsps pure cane sugar
- 2 tsps fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Asian chili paste
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 2 cups packaged julienned carrots
- 2 cups bit size strips red sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions
Peel, seed, and section the oranges over a bowl to catch the juice; reserve 2 T of the juice.
In a large bowl, whisk together the reserved orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, tahini, sugar, ginger, and chili paste. Add the orange sections, cabbage, kale, carrots, peppers, 1/4 cup of peanuts, and the green onions. Toss to coat.
Top servings with the extra peanuts.