UC Davis, CA Integrative Medicine Program offers a wealth of plant based health information - articles, research, and recipes. This one from them!
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 5 Romaine lettuce leaves, thin strips
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper, medium diced
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, small, shredded
- 2 T fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, roasted
- 2 T hemp seeds
Add water and quinoa to small pot and cook on medium heat until fully cooked. Set aside and allow to cool.
Once quinoa has cooled, combine in a large bowl the quinoa, carrots, bell pepper, mint, and cannellini beans. Stir well.
To serve, place small amount of romaine lettuce on a plate. Add the quinoa mixture on top of lettuce. Top with hemp seeds, almonds, avocado and the Citrus Tahini Dressing to taste.
Citrus Tahini Dressing:
- 3 T freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T tahini
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 - 2 1/2 T agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 1/2 - 1 tsp fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 very small garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper