- 4 T lime juice
- 1 T agave or date syrup
- 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed in fine sieve
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions
Combine dressing and set aside.
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in small saucepan. Slowly add the quinoa and bring to a boil. Then lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
In another bowl, combine the bell pepper, onion, mint, parsley, and edamame. Mix well. Add the cooked quinoa and dressing to the veggie mixture and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.