I just love potato salad! This summer dish reminds me of large family gatherings, but this recipe is different from the potato salad of olden days; this is not only delicious but healthy.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup fat-free or low-fat vegan mayonnaise
- 1 T seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsps mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Steam the potatoes till just barely tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Transfer to a large bowl and add the onion, celery, bell pepper, parsley, and dill weed.
In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add to the potato mixture and toss evenly until well coated. (I like to gently toss with my hands.)
Chill thoroughly before serving, and give a taste to adjust the seasoning. Enjoy!!