In high speed blender, process:
- 2 cans (15 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 12 deglet dates
In the Instant Pot, add the following in order listed:
- 7 cups boiling water
- 10 oz chopped onions (can use bag frozen onions, make it easy on yourself, no tears!)
- 1 lb red lentils
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 T oregano
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 1 1/5 T parsley flakes
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Add the Liquid mixture to Instant pot, mix
Lock lid. Set on Manual, high, for 10 minutes.
The Chili can also be prepared in a crock pot, cooked on low for 6-8 hours.
OR prepare traditionally in pot over the stove.
This can be served over potatoes, veggies, with chips. Very versatile, but healthy! Loaded with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. Enjoy!
This Recipe, compliments of the one and only Chef AJ!!