Greens, greens and more greens! Greens are the most nutrient dense of all foods! I'm referring to the kale, collards, Brussels, broccoli, mustard greens, dandelion greens, arugula, etc. They protect our blood vessels, contain powerful antioxidants and phytochemicals, boost the liver's detoxifying power, and contribute to healthy weight loss. They protect our endothelial cells, giving them star power in heart health!
I concocted this one night, and company raved at the taste!
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- Good batch of fresh kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 head Bok Choy, washed and white part sliced (I used some of the greens, but saved the rest for soup.)
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Tamari and fresh black pepper to taste
Use Asian greens from local Farmer's Market OR from your own garden - Swiss Chard, Kale - or other favorites.
I caramelized the onions using water, and stirring often, and adding a little water as needed to prevent burning, while the onions browned slowly. (Takes about 15-20 minutes.) The I added the garlic and stirred for 1 minute. I added the greens and Bok Choy, and cooked for another 3 minutes. I seasoned with some pepper and a sprinkling of tamari.
Walla - a delectable, healthy addition to any dinner.