You'll never what you will create when you use leftovers in the frig! This recipe is quick, easy, and very healthy. Bok Choy is a member of the cruciferous family of veggies, and contains Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene anti-oxident. It contains folate which has a role in the production and repair of DNA . Also contains selenium and is chock full of fiber.
- 1/2 head baby Bok Choy (slice and dice the greens, too)
- 8 oz button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 green onions (scallions)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- wedge of frozen ginger (about 1/2 inch size)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Braggs Liquid Aminos to taste
- Quinoa cooks quickly. Take 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinse well in fine sieve, and then add to pot with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes. When water is absorbed, quinoa is done!
- In small stir fry pan or non-stick skillet, add 2-3 T water or veggie broth and saute the scallions till soft. Add the Bok Choy and mushrooms. Add a bit of Braggs Liquid Aminos so ingredients won't burn or stick to pan.
- While sauteing, use a microplane or grater to grate the garlic and ginger over the veggies.
- When warm, add the cooked quinoa, and add more seasoning to taste.
I've also added baby spinach to the saute. You can add other greens of your choice.