This hails from Dr. Neal Barnard's recent book, "Cookbook for Reversing Diabetes".
- 2 cups either cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 3 cups chopped kale leaves (raw or steamed; see Note) or baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cubed cooked sweet potato
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Mango Hemp Dressing or other dressing of your choice
In 2 bowls arrange approximately equal amounts of the quinoa or brown rice, kale or spinach, sweet potato, black beans, and bell pepper. Drizzle on the dressing.
Note: If using raw kale, it's helpful to break down the leaves by massaging them. (That's being kind and saying thank you to the kale!!!) After tearing leaves from stalk, sprinkle leaves with a wee bit of salt, and then use your hands to massage them for a minute or two. The color of the leaves becomes bright green and softer. Then you can chop the leaves for the salad bowl. Enjoy!!